You may be aware that certain foods can help boost your metabolism and cut down on your body fat. Yes, there are some fat burning foods that help create a thermogenic effect in your body which can play a pivotal role in helping you lose weight.
Weight management is very important as it impacts every aspect of your life…social, physical, and emotional. If you eat a healthy diet, you will considerably lower down your odds of suffering from various health issues including heart disease and diabetes. So, let’s discuss the top 7 healthy foods that help burn that extra flab off your body.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
This is a pantry staple that helps you burn extra fat by cutting down you sugar cravings. When you consume apple cider vinegar before having your meal, it will make you feel fuller with less food. In addition, it is also a natural method of detoxing your body and balancing pH of your stomach. Since the vinegar is highly acidic, make sure you only add a tablespoon or two into a glass of water prior to drinking.
In addition to fat loss, there are additional benefits of apple cider –
- Improves PCOS symptoms.
- Kills harmful bacteria and viruses.
- Reduces insulin and blood sugar.
- Decreases cholesterol levels.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Lower fasting blood sugar.
- Improves insulin sensitivity.
Related: How to Stick to Your Diet
2. Bone Broth
Using chicken or beef bones to make soup stock can have a lot of health benefits. These types of bone broth contain lots of amino acids so it plays an important role in cutting down the fat from your body.
Following are some of the key benefits of bone broth:
- Protects joints – Bone broth is a natural source of collagen, a protein found in the vertebrae of animals – in their cartilage, bones, tendons, skin, and ligaments. When we get older, our joints tend to get weak so make sure you add bone broth to your diet.
- Maintains healthy skin – With the help of collagen, elastin is formed along with various other compounds within the skin. All this really helps in maintaining texture, tone, and youthfulness of the skin. Collagen is also helpful in reducing puffiness and signs of aging.
- Supports healthy functioning of the immune system – Bone broth offers gut-supportive benefits which supports the healthy functioning of your immune system.
3. Chia Seeds
Originally grown in Mexico, these seeds are known for its rich nutritional value and also as a fat burning food. Consuming chia seeds will boost your energy level and your endurance. Since chia seeds has high fiber content, it keeps you fuller for a longer, thereby prevents overeating.
4. Chicken Breast
If you are looking to burn calories, then chicken breast is the perfect fat-burning food. Just three ounces of chicken gives you 37% of your body’s daily recommended amount of protein. This will make your body feel energized throughout the day. The main reason chicken breast protein helps in weight loss is that it is rich in leucine. It is a well-known amino acid that keeps the muscles lean which, in turn, burns more calories.
Make sure you opt for locally grown and organic chicken that cuts out fillers and preservatives.
Related: 7 Best Weight Loss Technologies
5. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is known to contain key fatty acids called Medium Chain Fatty Acids. These fatty acids help to keep you full so that you eat fewer calories. These fatty acids assist your body to effectively burn around 120 calories more every single day. The best thing about coconut oil is that it helps you lose belly fat and visceral fat. These are the most rigid type of fat that also surrounds your internal organs and are the most difficult to lose.
Not many people are aware grapefruit is one of the best fat-burning foods. The enzymes present in grapefruits help your body to break down sugar and boost your metabolism. Make sure you add a slice of grapefruit to your breakfast or squeeze some fresh grapefruit juice into your smoothie.