There are more than a million choices when it comes to choosing a hair style. As a busy 21st century woman, it can be such a frustrating process when selecting the perfect hairstyle. Sometimes, when choosing a hairstyle, you may have one in mind that gets you excited. You might have seen it on a top-rated movie star like Penelope Cruz or a Grammy winner like Jenifer Hudson.
You may have thought that they have celebrity stylists working on their images so you could definitely copy their hairstyle. You make a quick trip to the salon with gruesome hours waiting with an end result that doesn’t look like the perfect lob on Olivia Wilde’s square face. This is when you realize the importance of choosing the right hairstyle for the right face shape. So let’s try to understand more about shapes of faces.
What is your face shape?
There are a variety of face shapes. This is all in the structure of the bones as well as their configuration. The first step in choosing the best hair style suited to your face shape is identifying your face shape.
- Oval: This is if your face width is less than 1/3 of your face length, therefore your face shape is considered to be oval. It has a characteristic smooth feature with no harsh corners along the jaw line with a narrow center. This is what gives a characteristic oval shape.
- Round: This is when the face has a jaw line that is soft, and a general equality of the face width and face length. It imitates a perfect general circle shape usually characterised by fuller cheeks.
- Heart: This is the shape created when your face tapers at the cheek but your forehead and cheekbones are wide.
- Square: This face shape creates beautiful corners with a square shape forehead and a sharper jawline that is wide and, on average, the same size in terms of face width and length.
- Long: This shape consists of a narrow face which is generally longer and features prominent cheek bones
Hairstyles suited for your shape
Hair is better up for the oval face. The advantages of the oval face is the perfect proportions that come with it. Therefore, you can tie your hair up, and let your beautiful face shine brightly.
This is also one of the easiest hairstyles that is suitable very elegant ladies and girls. You can choose to enhance the tail by enhancing it and making it longer and more striking. Young girls can also use this hairstyle effectively for long and short hair.
The medium size cut that rests on your shoulders is a perfect choice for round faces. This gives you a stylish, yet edgy, look that maintains a certain level of class.
A useful tip is to add a few inches to the cut to increase the volume of the hair.
Have it flat ironed and highlighted to give it more funk to give the edgy touch of a woman with class.
The pixie coy haircut is a favorite for heart-shaped faces. This range of short hair styles is popular with celebrities like Haile Berry, Rihanna and Katy Perry. This is a popular trend that is easy to maintain while looking fabulous.
You can add a little funk by applying various dyes and highlights like blonde and copper or luminous colors that bring out the fun personality in you.
Have graduated layers which are long that sit well on the shoulders. This hairstyle is for confident women and girls. It is a perfect everyday look and you can spruce it up with curves and waves that have an overlapping effect.
Add highlights to give your hair a nice gradient that suits your face shape. Blond seems to be a crowd favorite but when it comes to colors, choose the one that fits your hairstyle.
With a narrow face, long-flowing sweeping curls are the ideal hairstyle for your hair. The curls give a sense of attitude and elegance. Let your hair flow past your shoulders almost reaching your upper waist. This hairstyle is suitable for weddings and formal functions.
You can also add various highlights like blonde, brunette or different bold-colored highlights for more personality.
Hair styles can be fun when exploring and choosing one that suits your face shape which is vital in creating a nice overall look. Remember that hair styles are coupled with the outfit that you’re wearing. Always explore different hairstyles and highlights to find the hairstyle that suits your needs and fits your personality.