Cleansing your system is very important. With all the unhealthy food that you are eating every day, you need to make sure that you are also doing something to eliminate the toxins in the body. There are other reasons why we can become unhealthy but these are beyond the scope of this article. In this article we are focusing on ways to cleanse the body and at the same time minimize constipation and increase weight loss through consuming detox drinks. Even if other ways to maintain good health are difficult, you can always detoxify. Many of these are natural detox drinks that you can add to your daily meals. Just like grass-fed protein, these natural drinks can help you cleanse your body.
Signs of Toxic Overload
There are different signs that will let you know that you are already experiencing toxic overload. Here are some of the most common symptoms:
If you are constantly feeling constipated, your body is storing great amount of toxins. This usually happens if your diet is composed of processed food and you are not drinking enough water. Constipation can cause headaches and other pains in other parts of the body.
Constant Feeling of Fatigue
If you are always feeling tired, there may be something wrong with your immune system. Your immune system may be trying very hard to fight off the toxins. If this is the case, drinking energy drinks or coffee may not be very helpful.
If you have been doing your best to exercise and achieve weight loss but it does not work, this could be a result of a hormonal imbalance that is caused by toxins in the body. This is sometimes caused by your lifestyle and possibly other care products you are using.
The most common symptom of increasing toxins in the body is a skin problem. Acne breakouts and allergic reactions are signals that there is a problem with your body. It is letting you know that you have an increasing amount of toxins in your body.
Related: How to Make Healthy Drinks at Home
Benefits of Detox Drinks
There are detoxifying drinks that can help you in cleansing your system. These are drinks that combine different fruits and other ingredients that will help eliminate the toxins and cleanse the body. Here are some of the benefits that you will get from detox drinks:
- They aid in developing better digestion and fight against constipation.
- They boost the immune system and make it function better to fight toxins in the body.
- They can help improve your mood and also raise your energy level.
- Your skin will surely glow and become smoother.
- It helps in your weight loss program.
- It eliminates toxins in the body.
How to Make Detox Drinks
Since detoxifying drinks usually contain fruits, vegetables and other spices or herbs, it is very easy to prepare them. You just need a powerful combination of ingredients. Here are some detox dinks and the simple steps you can take to make them:
1. Dandelion Tea
If you are looking for the best detoxifying drink that can help cleanse your liver, dandelion tea is recommended for you. Usually, the root, flower or the stem are the ones that are being used in making a healthy and delicious dandelion tea.
It is very easy to prepare this tea. You have two choices as to how to make it. You can boil the ingredients or you can just infuse them with the water that you are drinking. For easier preparation, you can also just add 2 teaspoons of dried and crushed leaves of dandelions to a cup of water and let it boil for a few minutes.
2. Chia Seeds and Apple Smoothies
For this detox recipe, you will need a table spoon of chia seeds, a regular sized apple, mint leaves and a pint of black salt.
- Soak the chia seeds for 3 minutes in a glass of water.
- Chop the apple and blend it.
- Add the blended apple to the glass of water with chia seeds.
- Add a pint of black salt and chopped mint leaves.
- Stir and enjoy.
3. Honey, Lemon and Ginger Detox Drinks
You will need ½ a lemon, ½ a ginger root, a glass of warm water and a tablespoon of honey for this detox drink. Here is a step-by-step procedure to prepare it:
- Prepare a glass of warm water.
- Crush the ginger root and add it to the glass of warm water.
- Add the lemon juice and honey.
- Drink and enjoy while its warm.
4. Fruit and Veggie Smoothie
Aside from detoxifying the body, there are other benefits that you will get from a combination of fruits and vegetables made into a smoothie. It can improve your digestion, fight inflammation and it can even strengthen your bones as well as aid in weight loss. Just choose the vegetables and fruits that you want to add to your smoothie, prepare a pint of salt and black pepper and follow this procedure:
- Prepare the food processor. Put all the vegetables and fruits into it.
- Add the salt and black pepper and blend into a smooth drink.
5. Holy Basil and Peach Detox Drinks
This smoothie can help you in reducing cholesterol and it regulates your blood sugar levels. It can also help you maintain a clear vision. You just need to prepare ½ glass of cold water, 5 pieces of basil leaves and 2 pieces of peaches and follow these simple steps:
- Wash the holy basil leaves and grind them.
- Chop the peaches and use a food processor to blend them.
- Add the basil leaves and the peach smoothie to the glass of cold water.
- Stir and enjoy your cool detox smoothie.
There are a lot of factors that can increase the toxins in your body. However, you can always do something to eliminate them, cleanse the body, and lessen their effect on your body. If you want to maintain a healthy body, you have to make sure that you are eating the right food. Choose those that are natural and healthy.
A glass of detox smoothie can be very effective but you should also look at your lifestyle as a whole. You should eliminate the habits that can harm your health. This way, you will be able to strengthen your immune system and fight off the diseases caused by toxins that also come from the environment and benefit by weight loss.