Blackjack is a wonderful game. To most people, it looks so easy but, in reality, there is a lot more to it than what you see. That is one of the reasons why people lose. Any mathematician will tell you that the trick to winning blackjack is to have a practical strategy. But the truth is, it is not the just strategy that you need, you just need to know how to play it. If you are losing at blackjack, it doesn’t necessary mean that you lack strategy. It might be that you really don’t know how to play. So how you play blackjack to win?
Related: Tips on Winning at the Casino
1. You should always do the following
- Hit a soft 17. A brilliant way of hitting a soft 17 is when you are dealt Ace and 6.
- Always split aces and 8s.
- Always double down on 11.
- Always stand on a hard 17 or higher.
2. You should never do any of the following
- Never ever split 5s and 10s no matter what.
- Never make a mistake of playing blackjack when you are under the influence of alcohol. Blackjack is a game that requires more concentration than most other table games and a common way people lose is by playing while drunk.
- Never stand on a 12-16 if the dealer shows a 7 card or higher.
- Never have the linear thinking that you are on a winning streak because as it is always the case, every hand stands on its own.
- Never be driven by greed and over bet or start playing without strategy by placing bets on bad hands.
- Never play for extended periods of time without taking a rest. If you do, you lose your concentration and that is how you place bad bets. Equally important, you should never play when you are unfocused or tired. Blackjack is a game that requires undivided attention.
Related: The Best Way to Win at Slots
3. Stop buying into the hot/cold fallacy
There is no such thing as a “hot” or “cold” table dealer. That is just another fallacy that most blackjack players have bought.
4. Five decks are enough
A 6 or 8 game decks are more disadvantageous to players and as for a single game deck, there is more potential to be cheated in a single game deck, although this rarely happens at a big and reputable casino.
5. Seating position
It does not matter where you seat at the table. All seats are pretty the same. Cards are dealt with randomly no matter where you seat so don’t be driven by superstitions. The seating position doesn’t determine whether you win or lose.
6. Insurance is not necessary
Casinos offer insurance but the truth is, it is useless. Insurance is just another means to fatten the pocket of the casino owner. The odds are just against you so just ignore insurance when it’s offered as you don’t just need it.
As you play blackjack, remember that the more money you stake, the more money you win or lose. A budget is very handy in here. Progressive betting does not really maximize your winnings and does not change the probabilities of the game. The ugly thing about progressive betting is that it requires betting more than you are used to so you should just stick to the betting strategy that you are used to.
Related: How to Win at Craps
Blackjack is not a game that accommodates emotions. Don’t you ever make a mistake and get emotional with the cards such as expressing anger, fear, or distress as it may cause you to make mistakes. If you get emotional by any means, you will lose your game strategy and, ultimately, lose your money.
Winning at blackjack is not a no-brainer. You need to know these tips that can help you win. If you utilize the above tips, you will be happy every time you play blackjack.