Pinterest is going strong as one of the most popular social media sites people turn to in order to get inspired to do home renovations, put together outfits and create the most delicious recipes. As a content maker or brand, Pinterest is, undoubtedly, a platform where you should be creating engaging content and taking advantage of all of its tools to make your project grow, as well as drive traffic to your website. If you want to know how to manage Pinterest like a real pro and see the results in no time, keep reading and check out these handy tips.
The Most Popular Niches on Pinterest
It’s not a secret for people who scroll through Pinterest that the topics seem never-ending. In spite of the reputation it’s gotten that it is mostly used by women to look for weight-loss plans and home decor ideas, the truth is Pinterest has a wide range of interests that cater to all types of audiences. That’s exactly why you should have a presence in Pinterest, one of the best social media sites. Here are some of the most popular niches on Pinterest:
- Home Décor – 60.5 million followers
- Art – 54 million followers
- Travel – 52 million followers
- Photography – 47.1 million followers
- DIY and Crafts – 45 million followers
- Design – 44 million followers
- Technology – 38 million followers
- Quotes – 35 million followers
- Food and Drinks – 31 million followers
- Humor – 29 million followers
How to Check Popular Pins and Re-Pins
Even though you could check out several pin’s stats such as impressions, saves and link clicks from the past 30 days, this is a very extenuating and time-consuming task to do directly on Pinterest. If you want to do this the easy way you can turn to tools like Repinned, where you can access the top pinned and re-pined posts and you can even search them according to their category and even the most popular boards.
How to Add the Pinterest Tab to Your Facebook Page
If you have a Pinterest profile for your brand you’re most likely to have a Facebook Fan Page also. One of the best things you can do to increase engagement is drive your audiences to your social media sites, so it might be useful to let people know on Facebook that you have a Pinterest account. To advertise this in a more natural way you can add a Pinterest Tab on your Facebook Page. To do this, you’ll need to create an account in a tool called Woobox (it’s easier if you create the account using your Facebook profile). Select the Static Tabs section and choose “Create New Pinterest Tab” on the option list. Enter your Pinterest username and go to your Facebook page that will now have a “Pinterest” tab on the sidebar. When you click on this tab, now your followers will be able to see your Pins directly from Facebook.
Pinterest Marketing Strategies for SEO
- Board Name: One of the best pieces of information you can add in Pinterest is the board name and description.
- Board Description: Select the keywords most engaging for your audience and include them in the name and description of the board.
- Pin Name: Think of an appealing and short name but never leave aside the keywords!
- Pin Description: Since Pinterest is based on a main search bar that people go to in order to look for things they want to see, you’ll want to make sure to use the right keywords in order to appear right at the top of the search results.
What are the Best and Worst Times to Post?
According to social media marketing experts, the worst times to post on Pinterest are the early morning hours because they’re usually very slow times on this social media. As for the most recommended days try evening hours everyday and even late nights on Saturdays.
Add the “Pin it” Button to all of the Images on Your Website
If you have a blog or website, one of the best things you can do to increase the cross-traffic between your Pinterest profile and your website is by adding a “Pin It” button on the existing images you showcase. To do so, all you have to do is go to the Pin Widget Builder on Pinterest, add the desired URL and then you’ll be provided with a code to add on your website, in the page where you want the widget to be shown.
Make Use of Rich Pins
One of the marketing strategies on Pinterest is rich pins. They are those that will let you add website links directly in the description or a special field of the description. You can find several types of rich pins such as:
- Article pins that allow you to include headline, author, article description and the link.
- Product pins which include a real time pricing, product description availability and where to buy.
- Recipe pins that include the ingredients, cooking instructions and serving information.
- Movie pins which allow you to see ratings, cast members and even popular reviews.
- Place pins that can include the address, phone number and even a map.
Take Advantage of Collaborative Boards
Collaborative boards – also known as “Group Boards” – were created to increase the sense of community among Pinterest members and to enrich the content provided to audiences. One of the best things you can do as a brand is to request participation in several collaborative boards that are relevant to your industry niche and, once you’re accepted, pin your original content in there. Not only will the other members be notified of your new pins, but collaborative boards tend to have greater reach for new audiences.
How to pick the right collaborative boards to participate in and have them drive traffic to your profile? Start by checking to see that they have a high forwarding or saving rate, make sure that the visual content of the pins included in the board is extremely attractive and it has many likes and double check that each contributor posts no more than 2-3 pins each day to avoid spam warnings by Pinterest. Being a part of group boards is making sure your work will be reduced but the effects and results will be better.
Follow the above Pinterest tips to build the perfect social media marketing strategies.