Pudding is one of the most popular desserts among children, but nobody can resist a soft and sweet pudding recipe. If you want to impress your family or guests with an original and lightweight sweet dish to finish your meal, check out these most delicious pudding recipes.
Do you have some bread leftovers and don’t know what to do with them? This bread pudding recipe is a good one.
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter (equals 1/4 stick). This will be used for greasing your pan
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup of sugar
- A pinch of salt
- ½ loaf sweet egg bread like challah or brioche, cut into 2-inch cubes (about 5 to 6 cups)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Take a small saucepan or bowl and place it over low heat, then add warm milk, vanilla, butter, sugar, and salt. Keep cooking this mixture until the butter melts completely, then let cool. While the mixture cools down, butter a medium-sized baking dish and start stuffing it with the cubed bread.
- Add the eggs to the already cool milk mixture then start whisking while you pour the mixture over the bread. Place the dish in the oven and bake for 30 to 45 minutes. Check regularly to see if the custard is set, but is still a little soft on the center, and the edges have gone brown or golden. You can serve this delicious bread pudding warm or at room temperature with some ice cream.
One of the best pudding recipes includes a delicious fruit that both kids and adults enjoy due to its flavor and soft texture. Here’s how to make banana pudding.
- ⅔ cup of white sugar
- ⅓ cup of all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups of milk
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of butter, softened
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- ½ (12 ounces) package of vanilla wafer cookies
- In a medium-sized saucepan or bowl, combine your sugar, salt, and flour. Add the eggs and stir well. Continue stirring and add the milk. Cook the mixture over low heat and keep stirring. Once the mixture begins to thicken, remove the bowl from the heat and continue to stir while it cools down. Add the vanilla and butter and keep stirring until completely smooth.
- Create the layers of the banana pudding by placing the vanilla wafers over the bananas and the pudding on a serving dish. Let the pudding chill for at least an hour in the fridge before you serve it.
Related: Easy Dinner Ideas for A Family
Rice pudding is a delicious and soft recipe, very popular among people who have a sweet tooth and enjoy creamy desserts.
- 6 cups of whole milk, divided
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of long-grain white rice
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon to taste as a seasoning for the rice pudding
- Take a large saucepan and pour in the cups of milk, sugar, and salt. Bring these ingredients to a boil over medium to high heat.
- Stir in the rice and reduce the heat to low. Make sure to lower the heat so it barely reaches a gentle simmer. Keep stirring for 50 to 60 minutes. The mixture should reach a thick consistency, similar to that of yogurt. Once the mixture thickens, remove from the heat and pour the vanilla in.
- Let your rice pudding cool down and then place it in the fridge. Mix in the last ½ cup of milk and stir it right before serving. Sprinkle with cinnamon for added taste.
Chocolate Pudding Cake
For those chocolate lovers we have good news, you can also enjoy this version of the classic pudding cake!
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 1 bag (12 oz) of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 box (3.4 oz) of instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups of milk
- 16 ounces of Cool Whip
- Sprinkles to taste as decoration for the pudding cake, optional
- Take a large-sized mixing bowl and pour the chocolate pudding mix along with the milk. Whisk these ingredients until they combine well. Add the chocolate cake mix and beat on high speed until it blends completely. Add your chocolate chips for extra flavor!
- Pour all of the cake batter into a previously greased, 13×9 inches baking dish. Place in your pre-heated oven and bake the mix according to the directions of the package.
- Remove your cake pudding from the oven and let it cool completely. You can top this pudding recipe with Cool Whip and colored sprinkles. Refrigerate it for at least a couple of hours.
Who doesn’t love a good, iced pop when the weather is hot? Check out this pudding pop recipe.
- 1 chocolate pudding mix box (Or you can make homemade chocolate pudding)
- 2 cups of milk. You can use whole milk, but any cold milk will work
- 16 ounces of Cool Whip. The Cool Whip will give your pudding pops body and help with the structure. You can also use whipped cream
- Take a medium bowl and pour in the cups of milk and the instant chocolate pudding mix. Whisk thoroughly and combine all of the ingredients. Remember that you can also make your chocolate pudding from scratch.
- Soften your Cool Whip or whipped cream and add it to the mixture you’ve been whisking.
- Take your popsicle molds or cupcake cups with wooden popsicle sticks and fill them out with your pudding mix. You can fill them up with a piping bag or scoop the mixture and leave ¼ of an inch from the top to leave space for it to expand.
- Place your pudding pops in the freezer for 4 hours up to overnight so they reach the perfect texture.
Pudding seems like such an easy and simple food, and if you follow one of our recipes you can give your dessert an outstanding twist your guests will enjoy!